As we start our fourth week of school, the admin team and instructional coaches are very excited and grateful for all we have seen in classrooms, hallways, cafeteria, and recess breaks. We feel strongly about establishing the right culture of school.
Thank you for your participation and hard work to make Back to School Night a great event with a high turnout and many positive comments.
Unfortunately, I will not be at school this week as I just tested positive for COVID this morning. If the symptoms continue to being mild, I’ll work virtually. My apologies in advance if I miss any emails or meetings this week. The rest of the admin team will be able to address any immediate requests you may have.
Please read the following announcements, key dates, and reminders for this week. We hope everyone has a great week.
Schoolwide Teacher Partners Allocation
Last week, the admin team had the opportunity to hear some feedback and questions from some families and teachers about the allocation of teacher partners (instructional aides) at the school level. Last Friday, in a small meeting at the Oyster campus, we shared the budgetary implications that determine the allocation of teacher partners. We also shared how Oyster-Adams is in a great position compared to the rest of schools in the district and how we do not have the capacity to afford a second designated adult in every class.
We’ll continue working on ways to create schedules to maximize small group instruction in all grade levels and keep and enhance high standards of academic achievement.
Please reach out directly to the school administration if you have any questions or comments.
Announcements and Reminders:
- PARCC results follow-up: After receiving some feedback about the clarity of the graphs in the last week’s message, we have updated the information in the following document.
- Hispanic and Latino Heritage Month. Thank you to all families who joined us celebrating quienes somos throughout the rest of the month and the week.
- Athletic Practices: We continue working with coaches to finalize the list of students who may need to ride the bus in the evening. In the meantime, coaches are working with families to coordinate transportation after each practice.
- Crossing Guard at Adams: We will be receiving additional support for the Adams campus in the next few days.
- 9/21: Virtual OCC meeting from 7:30-8:30 p.m. Additional information will be shared on the school website.
- 9/27: Virtual SIT meeting (modernization of Adams) from 4:30-5:30 p.m.
This is all for now. I hope you have an amazing week!