We’re so excited about the multiple events that will happen this week. We believe that Spirit Week is a space for our school to show and make our tigers feel part of the community and have fun.
This week, we are taking a break from providing updates related to our Comprehensive School Plan (CSP). Instead, we’re sharing some logistics information. Please expect some additional information about our CSP and the culture of achievement next week.
Take a few minutes to read the following staff and community recognitions, announcements, and reminders. As usual, continue reaching out with your questions, comments, or suggestions.
Key Dates for November
- 10/30-11/4: Book Fair at Oyster
- 11/2: Picture Day at Oyster
- 11/2: Parents-Staff Soccer Match at Oyster 4:00-5:00 p.m.
- 11/1-11/2: Spirit Week: Wacky Wednesday and OA Pride Wear
- 11/6: Adams’ Picture Day
- 11/10: Veterans Days – No school
- 11/13: In person LSAT meeting at Oyster 5:30-7:00 p.m.
- 11/16: Third grade showcase at 1:30 p.m.
- 11/16: Virtual OCC meeting from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- 11/22-11/24: Thanksgiving Break.
Overnight and International Proposed schedule for Field TripsPlease see below the suggested schedule for the trips (it is a draft for now). Please let us know if you have any questions or comments through the following form.
Announcements and Reminders
- We are so proud of the work of both of our librarians. Ms. Kleinmann has been nominated for the “I love my librarian” award. This award is sponsored by the American Library Association, our national professional organization. There's more information here: I Love My Librarian - I Love Libraries. Here is Ms. Kleinmann’s nomination.
- We are also thrilled to announce that the High Intensity Tutoring (HIT) program is back. The federal funds are now available, and we are in the process of designing the implementation plan. Dr. Fortson and Ms. Berrocal will be the POCs and will share information this week.
Dia de los Muertos: This year we will celebrate the Day of the Dead by making an altar to honor our loved ones who have passed away. We’d like to invite everyone to send a photograph of a loved one or pet who has passed away to honor their life. You can send the photograph with your student, and they can hand it in to the art teacher or to the main office.
That is all for now. Thank you for all you do for our tigers... it matters!