Each year, we need your help. The Annual Family Contribution is the primary source of our school's fundraising budget. The OCC requests each family contribute $450 per enrolled student. Your donation pays for things like classroom supplies, our bilingual library, tutoring, and electronic learning apps. Your support makes supplemental Science Technology Engineering Art & Math (STEAM) curricula, our fine and performing arts and music programs, and student clubs and sports possible. And it allows the school to hire additional instructional aides, ensuring there is a bilingual instructional assistant in each elementary classroom.
You do not need to buy school supplies for your child.
Instead, families should contribute to the OA Annual Fund. Your school supply contribution ensures that each student will receive their own back to school kit for virtual learning with supplies to use at home; and that each teacher will have the classroom supplies they need.
Example Contribution Allocations
Here are some specific ways fund contributions have been distributed in the past:
- Provided a full budget to every teacher for classroom materials for students.
- Provided additional funds for tutoring to help close the learning gap even more, and give teachers a more competitive wage.
- Funded extra lunchtime support to address safety issues at recess at both campuses.
- Provided recommendations to the school to improve health and safety.
- Funded the 8th grade Voces de OA literary magazine, Vol 1 and Vol 2.
- Provided new leveled reading books for TAG.
- Bought new PE and music equipment and supplies.
- Funded and supported Black History Month.
- Funded the Raz Kids app for all students.
- Supported the Story of Our Schools exhibit and opening on the Oyster campus.
- Provided live music and ice cream to all students through different events.
- Funded teacher training to enhance skill sets and supplemented aides serving as full substitutes.
- Funded field trips for every grade.
- Supported the 8th grade promotion ceremony.
- Supported the Middle School Musical Showcase.