- Provide a written note to the school prior to the absence or within five (5) school days after the student return to school in order for an absence to be excused.
- Send an email with attendance note to [email protected], Carmelita Naves [email protected] (attendance coordinator), and the student’s teachers.
- For a total of up to four (4) consecutive absent days, a parent or guardian’s written excuse is sufficient for explaining the absence.
- For five (5) or more consecutive absent days for any reason, require additional documentation in order to be excused.
- Absences are going to be excused if it falls under one of the excused absence reasons under DCPS policies. Please check the Primary Campus “Handbook” for a full list of what is considered “excused absences”.
- For further questions please contact Carmelita Naves, school social worker and attendance coordinator at [email protected]
This is a summary of the steps ton follow if your student is absent. For more information about attendance in the Oyster campus please visit the attendance section in the school handbook.
Please notify the school every time your student is absent by sending an email to your student’s teachers and include the attendance team at [email protected], so your child’s absence is marked appropriately in their attendance record. Visit the Staff & Faculty page for teacher emails.
For more information about attendance in the Adams campus please visit the attendance section in the school handbook.