- Provide a written note to the school prior to the absence or within five (5) school days after the student return to school in order for an absence to be excused.
- Send an email with attendance note to [email protected], Carmelita Naves [email protected] (attendance coordinator), and the student’s teachers.
- For a total of up to four (4) consecutive absent days, a parent or guardian’s written excuse is sufficient for explaining the absence.
- For five (5) or more consecutive absent days for any reason, require additional documentation in order to be excused.
- Absences are going to be excused if it falls under one of the excused absence reasons under DCPS policies. Please check the Primary Campus “Handbook” for a full list of what is considered “excused absences”.
- For further questions please contact Carmelita Naves, school social worker and attendance coordinator at [email protected]
This is a summary of the steps ton follow if your student is absent. For more information about attendance in the Oyster campus please visit the attendance section in the school handbook.