DCPS policy requires volunteers to complete the Volunteer Clearance Process, which includes completing an online Clearance Application, Tuberculosis (TB) screening questions (including a TB test if applicable), fingerprinting, child protection register screening, sex offender register screening, and other similar questionnaires. Steps are detailed with links below:
- Complete the DCPS Clearance Application. Please complete it on a computer or laptop, not on a mobile device or tablet as not all information will be saved. When asked for a DCPS point of contact, write Rosa Berrocal with phone number (202) 671-6130 and email [email protected]
- Complete the TB Risk Assessment Screening, embedded in the same DCPS Clearance Application. If directed, based on the results of your TB Risk Assessment Screening, provide TB test or chest x-ray analysis results to the DCPS Clearance team at [email protected].
- Schedule a time and place to get fingerprinted by visiting https://schedule.fieldprint.com
- Click “Schedule an Appointment” on the right side of the screen.
- Enter an email address under “New Users/Sign Up” and click the “Sign Up” button. Follow the instructions for creating a Password and Security Question and then click “Sign Up and Continue.”
- Enter the Fieldprint Code: FPDCEMPLOYEE.
- Enter your contact and demographic information required by the FBI and schedule a fingerprint appointment at the location of your choosing.
- At the end of the process, print the Confirmation Page. Take the Confirmation Page with you to your fingerprint appointment, along with two forms of identification (see list of approved forms of identifications in the confirmation page).
Questions regarding these screenings can be directed to the DCPS Clearance team at [email protected]
A note on the Tuberculosis (TB) Screening and Test
Effective October 1, 2020, DCPS will no longer require a cleared TB test as part of the DCPS clearance process. All candidates, employees, volunteers, program partners, contractors must instead complete a TB Risk Screening Assessment.
Depending on the responses you provide in the screening assessment, DCPS will indicate whether you have satisfied the TB requirement or are required to obtain a TB test to move forward in the clearance process. If you are directed to obtain a TB test, further details regarding this process and requirements will be included in the email notification.