Attendance is recorded daily by your student’s teacher. Students should arrive every day (M-F) by the start of the school day.
Students who arrive after the start of the school day are considered Tardy and must report to the main office upon arrival.
We highly encourage families to ensure that students are present and on time each day. Absences and tardiness can affect your student’s academic success, grades and participation.
Pre-K Students are subject to the same requirements regarding excused and unexcused absences.
Please notify the school every time your student is absent by sending an email to your student’s teachers and include the attendance team at your respective campus, so your child’s absence is marked appropriately in their attendance record:
A written excuse note is required for up to 4 consecutive absences.
Additional documentation is required for 5 or more consecutive absences. Excuse notes can be delivered to the attendance POC or sent to school through text messaging or by email. Contact your Attendance POC directly with any questions.
Excused Absences include:
- Illness (If a student is absent for five (5) or more cumulative days per term, a doctor’s note is required beyond communication by the parent for the absence to be excused.)
- Medical Appointments (please provide note from the medical provider)
- Death in the student’s immediate family
- Court Proceedings (please provide document from court verifying presence)
- Observation of a religious holiday
- Absences to visit parents in the military (related to deployment)
- Other emergencies (must be approved by DCPS)