The computer-based PARCC* tests assess what your child is learning in school and help teachers and parents know if students are on track for success in college and career.
PARCC is a test administered in grades 3rd-8th in the subject areas of reading and math. In grades 5th and 8th students also have an additional science test.
Here are some important facts about PARCC testing at OA for parents to know:
- We only test one section per day.
- Testing sessions are in 60- to 120-minute blocks, depending on grade.
- Testing occurs only in the morning; afterwards school resumes as normal (including lunch, recess and specials).
How to Prepare:
- PARCC is a no-stress event at OA, so students do NOT need to study or do any extra preparation for the PARCC tests! Just make sure they get a good night sleep and eat breakfast on test days.
- Missing PARCC testing can be inconvenient and stressful for students; they usually do their best if they take their tests on test days with other students. If you must schedule appointments on designated test days, try to schedule them for the afternoon.
*PARCC stands for Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers